Skip to Main Content
Navigated to Financial Aid.

Financial Aid

Graduate assistantships constitute the primary source of financial aid for students enrolled in the Graduate School. Information concerning appointment of graduate assistants is found in the section entitled Organization of the College of Graduate Studies.

Students who have been admitted as regular students in a degree-seeking program may wish to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA). Recipients of federal direct loans or work-study must be U.S. citizens or eligible noncitizens enrolled for at least five (5) semester hours (for federal aid purposes, halftime status is defined as enrollment for five (5) hours, three-quarter time status is defined as enrollment of six to eight (6-8) hours, and full-time is defined as enrollment of nine [9] hours). The interest on these loans is a variable amount (set by the federal government each year); interest and principal repayment may be deferred while the student is enrolled. The FAFSA is available online at

You may also wish to review our website at for further information about aid programs and procedures. In addition, you can use this site to link to the online version of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

In some instances graduate students may qualify for positions as head residents in the University's housing program. Information on available positions